Will bankruptcy eliminate all my debts?
- Bankruptcy can discharge unsecured debt, but it almost never eliminates secured debts, tax debt, or other nondischargeable debts. Chapter 7 bankruptcy allows for a quick discharge of unsecured debt without any repayment plan, but if most of your debt is secured or nondischargeable, Chapter 13 may be a better option. It’s important to note that bankruptcy isn’t your only option. Our bankruptcy attorneys can also explain alternatives. Contact us today for help with your case.
- How long does the probate process take?
- How do I file for bankruptcy?
- How long does it generally take for a person's credit score to improve after bankruptcy?
- What is Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- What is Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- What do I need to start the bankruptcy process?
- What are the differences between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
- What is lien stripping?